Welcome to the Pacific NW Section of ASNT Website
Call for section related or laboratory photos
If you have section related photos (meetings or events) for the section photo history or 'Technicians at work' please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org or put on a shared dropbox.
Your laboratory photos will include credit to the photographer and laboratory
Meeting venue unless otherwise noted.14040 Interurban Ave S, Tukwila, WA 98168 | (206) 244-5400
Now accepting sponsorships for the 2019-2020 Region 16 Yearbook HERE
ASNT exists to create a safer world by advancing scientific, engineering, and technical knowledge in the field of Nondestructive testing.
ASNT Mission Statement and Strategic ObjectivesExcerpted from asnt.org/MinorSiteSections/AboutASNT/Mission
ASNT Mission Statement
ASNT exists to create a safer world by advancing scientific, engineering, and technical knowledge in the field of nondestructive testing.™ by:
- Provide the forum for the exchange of NDT technical information
- Provide NDT educational materials and programs
- Provide training, standards, and services for the qualification and certification of NDT personnel
- Promote the discipline of NDT as a profession
- Facilitate and promote NDT research and the application of NDT technology
ASNT Strategic Objectives
- Increase participation in society’s activities.
- Promote an inclusive vision across ASNT’s membership and the NDT community.
- Be a premier provider of NDT/NDI/NDE/NDC information including publications, references, archives, training and conferences.
- Support national and international acceptance and use of ASNT’s services.
- Promote advancement of research and implementation of NDE technology.
- Grow ASNT through partnership with industry, government, professional organizations and educational institutions.
- Advocate and provide NDT personnel certification.
- Maintain ASNT’s fiscal stability in order to fulfill the society’s mission.
- ASNT will identify paths for lifelong education and career development within the NDT profession including theory, application and skills for the practitioner, engineer and researcher.
Pacific Northwest Section ASNT was founded in 1957
What does the Pacific Northwest Section do anyway? Well, for starters we hold a Technical Meeting almost every month from September through May, with the exception of those months when we offer social events. We also sponsor a Radiation Safety Seminar on one Saturday each Spring, and a Golf Scramble with BBQ Banquet held in the summertime.
You can almost always find us every 2nd Monday from September thru May meeting somewhere in the greater Seattle area, and all members are welcome to attend and/or participate. So, be sure to check our meeting schedule herein and watch for the monthly reminder email for the place, time, and listing of topic and speaker.
As NDT Professionals we see the value and benefit of membership in ASNT everyday. Now as mentors, we need to encourage our non-member colleagues, such as those new to NDT or that have been in the profession for years but have not gotten around to joining us, to see the value and benefit that being a member will add to their career. So please do what you can to spread the word as we endeavor to grow our membership, and thereby our strength, as a profession.
|An affiliate of the American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Inc. (ASNT). Statements, other expressions of opinion or fact as well as legal obligations undertaken therein are solely those of the affiliate and not of ASNT.|